Sunday, January 10, 2010

Backyard Days

Lee Friedlander Copyright
Shine on, O moon of summer
Shine to the leaves of grass,catalpa and oak, all silver under your rain to-night ..........................
Shine on , O moon
Shake out more and more silver changes
Carl Sandburg


I've spent the better part of 25 years photographing gardens and backyards and it was only fitting that I join the fold.
My summers are spent tending to it whenever I'm home. Last season I grew sunflower, cabbage and melons, the former due to missing them in Tuscany last time I was there.
My retriever McIntosh is my daily companion for the most part. This is his turf as he knows every square and protects and patrols it as such .
Its changing and evolving like me .
Mark Steinmetz Copyright

Huger Foote Copyright




Gregory Conniff Oneonta,NY Copyright


My dying Pussywillow, NY
Michael Lardizabal



Mac by the grapes, NY




Concords





McIntosh